Thursday, June 17, 2010

The writing workshop is going on

My online writing workshop has six idea-sets and four stories now. Some of them are really good.
You're invited to participate.

-----

BTW, I realized that just because it's wireless, compact, and beautiful, I don't *have* to use Apple's keyboard with the iPad, when I'm more comfortable with a larger one with a more distinct key travel, a clickier one, as it were. At least at home, I can just use a normal big USB keyboard.
I very much like writing on the Pad with My Writing Nook

And I tried my old Matias TactilePro 2.0 keyboard. And it really is a shame that the 2.0 version has had various problems for some people, because I actually really like it still. It's a bit softer than the IBM type, but still very distinct. I may actually even like it better than the Unicomp in some ways, not sure. And who knows, maybe they have conquered the teething problems in the couple of years that have passed. Update: Well, at the very least it has been replaced by the TactilePro3.

Update: hmmm, their folding keyboard looks promising. Though I think it does not have the mechanical "Alps" switches which makes the Tactile Pro special.

3 comments:

Michael Burton said...

I got a Matias TactilePro 3.0 to replace my original TactilePro, which was starting to have problems with sticking keys.

The first keyboard they sent me prevented any other USB 2.0 device from being recognized unless it was plugged into the keyboard. I complained and was sent a replacement that hasn't had any problems.

Michael Burton said...

More ideas:

Radioactivity and a spider bite.
A ghost and Mrs. Muir.
Peace and War.

I just can't believe how creative I'm getting!

Michael Burton said...

I should have said "Mrs. Muir and a ghost." Otherwise, it sounds derivative.