Wednesday, June 16, 2010

iPad love

Pic by Graphic Leftovers
they have nice iPad wallpapers
My friend Nicola Quinn writes about her iPad:

----
I'm having a shameless new love affair with my iPad. I'm not kidding when I say I can feel an endorphin rush as I click the button and slide the slider across to activate it.

It comes to bed with me, streaming videos from my iMac through Air Video to soothe me to sleep when I'm alone. Though turnng over while dead asleep and half waking to come face to face with the Wolfman is not to be recommended so choose your late night movies on it carefully.

Unlike Eolake I find the touch keyboard eminently usable. My only gripe being switching between alpha and numeric. Mental note to use only letters for passwords from now on to accommodate that.

Everything looks so gorgeous on it, so bright, so fresh, some may even say like seeing through the eyes of lurve... though that'll just be the amazing display. It's a real delight to use apps like Adobe Ideas and Photogene though there may need to be new health warnings for the iPad. I have a very sore index finger from colouring in an opaque background in Ideas on a line drawing I created from a photo in Photogene. And it was very cool at the weekend being able to identify constellations while outside using Planets even though I slightly cricked my neck.

I have games and appreciate the useful utilities but it's flicking through the daily news on Early Edition, exploring on Cool Hunting and checking out what's happening on TweetDeck that really gives me a buzz.

I can see so many possibilities it makes me want to learn how to create apps. It's certainly made me want to make special editions of all my publishing company's ebooks so they display on an iPad to perfection. People will consume from these things in monumental proportions, it's already starting to feel like the mid 80s all over again, without the hair though, thank god.

I used to like to wait to get the latest gadgets, wait for the glitches to be ironed out in the first release. Well not anymore, that's what tech support's for and contrary to popular belief Apple support (in the UK at least) is excellent. One time I received my computer back from Amsterdam the next day. Don't ask me how they did that but I will never forget fuming at the delivery company accusing them of mistakenly returning the package to me instead of delivering it to Apple. One time I was glad to eat my words.

Anyway, the iPad. It's so cool. And even cooler that I got one so close to its release into the wild in Europe. I just wish I went out more often so I could flaunt it more.

Nicola Quinn


8 comments:

TC [Girl] said...

Nicola Quinn said...
"...eyes of lurve..."

Yup! Funny Lady, your Friend, Eo! Wonder where she got that expression from! lol! ;-)

Nicola said...

Oooh baby, you know it's true...

Yup, can't hang around folks too long before something rubs off lol
;)

TC [Girl] said...

Nicola said...
"Yup, can't hang around folks too long before something rubs off"

Ain't that the truth...also! lol!

(I've been on your site, several times, Nicola. LOTS of interesting and helpful stuff there. :-)

Nicola said...

Thanks TC, it's good to know my efforts are appreciated :)

If you ever need help with anything in my area just give me a shout.

TC [Girl] said...

Nicola said...
"Thanks TC, it's good to know my efforts are appreciated :)"

You're welcome. And...yes, it is appreciated! You have a GOB of stuff on there! AMAZING!

"If you ever need help with anything in my area just give me a shout."

Thanks, Nicola! I appreciate that as well. Trying NAET and EVOX, right now. Pretty interesting therapies. :-)

Nicola said...

EVOX looks interesting, was working with a chap on this, filling in missing sound frequencies, way back when we only had tape decks!

And Sandi Radomski is the allergy queen in energy medicine. She gave me a fantastic treatment here in Oxford when I gotten bitten by a monstrous insect that made my leg swell hideously. After the treatment it just disappeared, was awesome. Love this stuff :)

Message me on my contact form if you want to continue discussing this so we don't clog up Eolake's comments!

TC [Girl] said...

Nicola said...
"EVOX looks interesting..."

Yeah, it's pretty cool.

"After the treatment it just disappeared..."

I wonder if you have ever heard of this 'Amized Fusion Wand.' It would have been interesting to try it on that bite, as well. :-)

"Love this stuff :)"

Yes. Pretty interesting stuff.

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

I think I'll wait for the iFootballfield, due in 2018.

They say it comes with a free army platoon to maneuver on it and touch-activate it. (I really hope they don't sub-contract THAT in Africa, their grunts are very poorly disciplined. I much prefer Chinese accessories!)

Alternately, you can just rub off your lamb and ask the genie to do it all.

That iMat looks like a slightly bigger version of my DanceMat accesory for PlayStation musical games. I bought it 10 years ago!
You just try and play PLATFORMING games on it! Hilarious!
"How clumsy! What were you, playing with your FEET?
- Well, actually..."
ROTFL!