Stobblehouse Blogger-comment-Limit Writing Workshop.
Myself and commenters each come up with one to three sets of two elements for a short-short story.
And then you pick one set another has come up with, and you write a short-short story under 4000 characters (roughly 600 words), which is Blogger's comment limit. (The site says 4096 characters, but it seems to count them differently than my text editor. Whatever.)
Don't announce which one you're doing, it might even be more fun if more people are doing the same ones.
I'll participate myself, that's actually the reason for making this workshop, the fun of doing that.
- Strawberries and an alien
- A love affair and poison
- An escape and a long sleep
And now you add yours!
Update: from Gil:
- A mobile home and a crown prince.
- Golf clubs and hand grenades.
- A journey and a revelation.
... Aaaaaand, the first story is in, from Michael. And it's so good.
update: Two stories now.
We need a few more idea sets, please!
- Automation and a broken vial.
- A comeback and a derelict ship.
- A diamond and 33 cats.