Thursday, July 29, 2010

Godley & Creme - The Party

This is from the classic G&C album Ismism, which I enjoyed much 30 years ago. This is one of the songs, odd as that may seem (it having so little melody), which I've been singing and having in my head since then. They lyrics rock, I know almost the whole thing by heart.



I sometimes lament that in my upbringing in the sticks of Denmark in the (late sixties and) seventies, I didn't have anybody to introduce me to the Important Artists of the day (Jimmy Hendrix who?). But actually I found many really cool things by the simple expedient of going to the LP lending library and lending based just on the cover. It was surprisingly often true that an interesting (to me) cover had an interesting album.

2 comments:

Miserere said...

I'm assuming it was part of the joke that you misspelt "Jimi" as "Jimmy" Hendrix :-)

Oh the sticks of Denmark... :-D

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yes it was. And that it was involuntary only makes it funnier in my opinion! :-)