Monday, July 05, 2010

Dodocase web page

I haven't gotten my Dodocase yet (they're backordered), but one thing I know: this is an exemplarily beautiful web page.  Beautiful, big photos on a good looking, minimalistic page, neutral background color, gorgeous logo and buttons, and again, wonderfully simple. A lot of web designers might do well to take note.


They have some videos here. Here's a video review.
One thing though: a couple of vids on youboob shows how the pad is no longer held firmly in place after a few weeks. This is unfortunate to say the least, it might fall out onto a hard place. I have mailed Dodo to get a solution to that, should it happen with mine. Update: I got an answer, they'll include some extra corner rubber bumpers.

5 comments:

veryou said...

If only I had known that exemplary web design was just a matter of single column structure with a header, a footer, and a list structure of 1000px wide images, I could have saved myself so many sleepless nights and long days.

Anybody could do design like this, and probably did. (Actually it's a shopify.com template.) Looks fabulous on an iPad, and even better in a 640x480 viewport like being in the front row at a CinemaScope show. Cute the way there is no horizontal scrollbar. How do they do that? Such a wonderful aid to usability.

PS: spooky how the word verifications [veryou] are so often apropos.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Ah, thank you.

AnotherAnonymous said...

So you buy one of these for the shiney new love of your life - just for it to end up looking just like an ordinary book?
And pay nearly $60 for the priviledge?
Somebody saw you coming! ROFLMAO

What is it they say about a fool and his money being easily parted?

Timo Lehtinen said...

I think this kind of case is actually a wise choice. An iPad that looks like a Moleskine paper pad is less likely to get stolen than one that you can guess the contents of.

Of course, what Eo, being a stay home type of person, does with all his different iPad cases, I don't know. But maybe there's a method to his madness that we are not privy to.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I'm preparing for the magical and mythical day when I become a zip-around person.

*Or* it's just a sort of collector's thingy, who knows.