Friday, April 23, 2010

In strange waters

This is a first, ladies and gentlemen. The first post on this blog which is written and posted "on the road".

---
Update from home: I cut it short, because for some reason, after a sentence or so, the virtual keyboard slid down out of sight again, and I could only get it back by going to "edit posts" and find the post I was doing. Quite tiring. I don't know why it did that, but it seems I may have to bring the little bluetooth keyboard with me. Well, it's much better for writing on anyway.
But anyway, the sim card and connection came today, and it seems they work fine with the Mifi and the iPad.
Albeit strangly unevenly. Domai.com worked beautifully and fast (a confirmation of the soundness of my simplicity approach). Other sites too looong times to load. Some youtube vids played fine, others wouldn't.
Perhaps phone reception in my apartment is much better than it is in the restaurant I was at, I don't know.

Here's a Canon S90 Photo I took on the way home:

9 comments:

aphoolog said...

Sheesh, and people say you don't get out enough.

Miserere said...

It's a bit short, innit?

TC [Girl] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
skleings said...

"Thats one thing wich make this sight such a good one."

"In strange waters" "on the road".

I like the mixed metaphors best.

TC [Girl] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TC [Girl] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TC [Girl] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eolake Stobblehouse said...

"and people say you don't get out enough"

Those people must be thinking of somebody else. I'm a regular Dr. Livingstone, me.

Alex said...

So looking at the photo I'd ask Ladies or Gents. Definitely looks like a place for passing water, not so much being in it.

If I had to guess, I'd say this was the public toilets near the bus terminus. I know I'm seeing the subject not the abstract textures.