Saturday, January 02, 2010

Lorre 196

Saw this card after an episode of the entertaining Big Bang Theory:

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #196

my soul's journey

To let go of the fear and anger which imprisons my heart,
To relinquish all childish expectations and live joyfully in the world as it is --
not as I wish or imagine it to be,
To be free of the always craven and ever-craving ego,
To be released from the endless hungers of the body,
To see God in others,
To see God in everything,
To die without death and merge my consciousness into the
cosmic sea of bliss from which I came,
To crank out two sitcoms a week that can compete
with a deaf chick dancing her ass off...
This is my soul's journey.

I wonder if he's referring to something on TV, or this vid:



If the latter, I'd have expected it to be a very popular one, since he uses the word "compete". But it has only had a few thousand views, not millions as some youtoobs have.

Here's a fun little story of censorship and what a vanity card is (I didn't know).
"Please know that my aim was only to provoke a bit of gaiety through the judicious use of a little thing I like to call “the truth.”"
Did he really expect CBS to look at that card as "a little gaiety"? It may have been truthful, but it clearly is an attack, not a little joke. I wonder if Lorre is aware of how combative he really is.

3 comments:

Philocalist said...

He DOES have a valid point about Catholic priests though :-(

(Puts on hard hat, ducks and awaits incoming ...... :-) )

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yeah, imagine if moonies or scientologists had been caught with that shit...

Anonymous said...

The Catholics covered it up a lot, but the Scientologists would just have you killed.