Thursday, November 12, 2009

A1 poster print

Thinking about it, amazingly I actually think this is the first poster print I have ever had made in full A1 size (about 59x84 cm or 23x33 inches).

I used a UK service called Supreme Print for 20GBP including shipping, and I am pleased. The image was taken with the Panasonic GF1 and the compact lens, and it holds up really well at this size. Nobody would look at this and say "dude, that's not really sharp, is it?", something you could not say for the work I did in 35mm back in the day, if I'd blown it up this much.

7 comments:

Monsieur Beep! said...

Nice ambiente.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Thankee, dude. I like it meself.

Patrick said...

Very cool.Lovely capture.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Thanks. I think it's one of the best I've taken this year. It's calm and lively at once.

TC [Girl] said...

Cool! Me likes it, too! lol! What are you going to use to hang it with? A "conventional" acrylic-type poster hanger or...some kind of a frame with or w/out a matte?

GLAD to see you're getting your intake of apples, too! ;-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I haven't decided on framing yet.
(It may be too large for a matte.)

I have a very good framing guy, who framed all my crop circles posters.
But maybe I'd like a kinda framing where I can change the pic.

neeraj said...

Yes, nice.

It's calm and lively at once.

That's why it's called "still life";-)

... you're getting your intake of apples, too!

... real AND virtual, isn't it? BTW the real apples look like the sort "Santana" - yummy :-)