Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Early color photos

[Thanks to Uncle Ron.]
Edward J. Steichen’s Autochromes of Charlotte Spaulding Albright
, videocast from George Eastman house. If you're interested in the history of photography, this is cool.

I wonder why they feel they need a sponsor for the videocast? Many private persons can afford to make their own videocasts, so surely an important museum like this should not need to dilute their brand like this?
I've never had ads on any of my sites, despite many offers, because I feel like it's no longer entirely my site if I do (and it ruins the design). And if sponsors can earn money on visitors, surely I can too, at least as far as Domai goes (and my other sites don't have enough traffic to make sponsorships interesting).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I suggest shorpy.com for those who enjoy looking at the old stuff.Mostly in B+W but the odd color shot shows up. cjg of eroticalee