Friday, June 25, 2010

An announcement

I have decided that I have over-dosed on Internet distractions, so I've decided to take a sabbatical from it. I need to quiet down my mind.

So for an unknown period (couple days, couple weeks, couple months? Lord knows), I will have my computer shut down most of the time, I will cut back drastically on blogging, using Twitter, etc.  I'll try to only answer email a couple of times per day, and only answer essential ones.
My commercial sites will be run like usual, of course, that's a business obligation.

If you would like to be notified when blogging is resumed normally, sign up for my Twitter feed, or mail to my Gmail address, which is eolake.

My perception is that I'm going through a highly positive development, just one which for a while requires more peace.

Much appreciate all of you, see you later.

10 comments:

Scott said...

Eolake
Just blog about the important stuff photography and women.I always value your input about cameras because you are not a professional photographer and may use a camera the way that I would.You do have a professional eye for seeing photographs and women.
Scott

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

I'd rather hear THAT than "unexpected sick leave". :-)

I hope you "find your center".

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Scott has a point there: If you set aside stuff about how cool your iPhone/Pad is, that's 67 to 75% less distractions instantly.

Then again... maybe you'd rather give up the other 33 to 25%? ;-)

Priorities, priorities...

TC [Girl] said...

We will MISS you, Eo! I enjoy getting up and seeing what you have posted, every day. (sigh)

Get the rest that you need. :-)

Philocalist said...

I'm with Pascal on this one :-)
The potential problem as I perceive it is that a Sabbatical of indeterminate length is simply going to let the blog stagnate and die.
I guess no-one will be back without anything new to take a poke at?
Still, whatever is personally most important, huh?

Timo Lehtinen said...

Relax everyone. He posts these kinds of messages here every once in a while. He'll be back on saddle by Monday. Tuesday the latest. ;-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

If I can hold out that long.

Robb in Houston said...

Take care, Eolake.
It's good to get away from the crazy high speed pace a lot of us live every so often.

Twitter away.

Enjoy your chillin' in the crib session. Look forward to seeing you back soonly.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

thanks.
Dif to relax, but I try.

AnotherAnonymous said...

The term 'Drama Queen' comes to mind :-)