Monday, April 12, 2010

Added Flash

This is funny, while everybody else apparently is calling Flash an outmoded technology, and are conspiring to push it off the web, Adobe is making a big push to get it much more used in all its big applications.


But beyond all that, I have just ordered an upgrade to my CS4 Design Standard collection. The Content-Aware fill in Photoshop is worth the price alone. For example, I have a beautiful model who has a failed tattoo on her belly. You want to remove that, but you also have her navel and the belly wrinkles in that area, and those you don't want to throw away, you don't want Barbie. It is very tricky. The new Fill function may save me two hours of work per set in such circumstances.


6 comments:

Ganesha Games said...

How is the content aware fill option different from CS2's correction tool?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Vastly.
Didn't you see the video?
See here.

Ganesha Games said...

amazing.

Ganesha Games said...

it is apparently doable for free in GIMP too: http://www.scriptol.com/design/gimp/removing-objects.php But I didn't try this myself. Actually I must install the last release of GIMP yet.

Ganesha Games said...

This adobe vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYsWZKb52I4&NR=1 introducing their Slate tablet/ipad competitor pushes a lot the idea that you can't surf the web without Flash.

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

I wonder if she'll use the money earned from the photo shoot to get this tattoo removed?