Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ghost Girl - A British feature length movie shot on HDSLRs

Ghost Girl - A British feature length movie shot on HDSLRs, article.
... the difference with HDSLRs is that for the first time an ultra low budget film can finally have the same production values of a multi-million dollar Hollywood production, and for all intents and purposes cinema goers would find them indistinguishable.
How will the established movie industry react? Certain parts of the industry were frightened enough when the Blair Witch Project was shot on grainy DV. If I were a talented director or DP, I wouldn't be worried in the slightest - but if I were working for Panavision, RED or in the professional camera rental business, I'd be as scared as a beanie hatted teen under torchlight by now.

From Ghost Girl blog:


(By the way, we're working on that interview with Andrew from EOShd.com which I postulated a while ago.)

Philip Bloom is another indie filmmaker who has a popular site about this matters.

2 comments:

Chris Tindall said...

Hi Eolake! Have you seen / heard of the Red system (http://www.red.com/)? It's SWEET, and - if you're seriously in the film market, it's actually very low cost.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yes, I have blogged it a couple of times.

It's true it high quality and much cheaper than normal pro solutions. It's still much more expensive than a Canon 5DII though. (Of course I realize they are not at all the same.)

I hope RED will actually deliver that still camera they have threatened to do for a couple of years now.