Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Stephen Gillette art show

My friend and fellow compact-camera aficionado Stephen Gillette has an art show with big photos of small objects in water. It is in Cypress College, located in Orange County, California.
They are very cool pictures. I had actually planned something like it (even took a couple of such pics a few times in the past), but well, he who snoozes, loses.

By the way, not only are some of the print huge, 48x48 inches (122cm x 122cm), but there are also smaller prints made on Japanese handmade paper with a lot of texture and little colored bits in it, the world's most expensive print paper no less.

Get info on his site.



It's funny, by the way, I love all kinds of creativity. But abstract art, art for art's sake, that to me is pure art. Purity of life and purpose. For me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny, by the way, I love all kinds of creativity. But abstract art, art for art's sake, that to me is pure art. Purity of life and purpose. For me.

That to me is the most pointless of all art. It's not particularly creative either.

I wonder, what if Michelangelo had covered the Sistine Celing with this kind of garbage?

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Highly interesting and elegant textures there.
Is there a wallpaper tile version? :-)