Sunday, September 06, 2009

Vampires and mirrors

I'm watching a couple of the remaining movies in the Legacy Collection. [By the way: strange... when I type in "Frankenstein" in the search field on this page, the post I linked to above should turn up, but it doesn't. What's that about?]
Son Of Frankenstein was surprisingly watchable.
As is Dracula's Daughter. Even funny sometimes.

So I'm thinking... if vampires don't cast reflections in the mirror, then if one stands right in front of you, you can still see your entire self in the mirror? How does the mirror "see" you?
And if the vampire is standing up against you, your front will be in shade. Will this shade be visible in the mirror?

7 comments:

Ray said...

Hmmmm...Are you sure you can't use a break with some wine, women, and song? Hang an onion bag over the doorway, with a couple of cloves of garlic in it, and forget it.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I wish I could, but I WORRY about these things! :-)

Anonymous said...

First it would have to be explained why a vampire doesn't have a reflection. Did they do this in the Anne Rice books too? I know she didn't use the garlic idea.

Michael said...

Vampires don't cast shadows in some legends. They also have no reflections in silver mirrors. Has something to do with the silver. That's why there are no pictures of vampires. But with digital they very well could be...

Tommy said...

Michael said: "That's why there are no pictures of vampires."

But, if that's true, how can EO being watching a movie with one in it???

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I think those movies used human stand-ins. It's one of Hollywood's dirty little secrets.

Anonymous said...

Next you're going to tell me there's no Santa Claus.