Monday, July 09, 2007

New art Monday

Foye wrote:
"Besides greatly admiring your new art, I'm wondering, for example, whether it is possible to produce something boring and trite with the program you used, assuming some minimal creative input from even an art slug like me. In other words, how much leverage is in the program? (And did the creator of the paintbrush meet with a similar query?) Did you have any results you wanted to discard? Are we now partners of the machine, edging toward servanthood?"

All right, confession time: The software did all the hard work here. My role was in selecting what's Art. I may learn to control this complex and amazing software (ArtMatic), but for now all I have done is keep clicking the Randomize All Parameters button until something interesting came up, and render that. (Something like one in ten results or less.)

Perhaps a lot of creativity lies in selection, I am not sure how much.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mesmerizing! I assume this still is with ArtMatic? It looks like it anyway.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Right you are.

Anonymous said...

excellent artistry! vivid combination of colors mixed perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Eolake, you seem to be having fun. :o)

Anonymous said...

It's like a deeper space landscape,the first five from the top,full of mystery and magic and even where even the light is in movement.I'll save all of them on my computer for watch them everyday.
With endless respect and sympathy,always yours Paul Alexandru Cazacliu artmanro@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Great Job ,
Thanks for sharing these excellent artwork