Thursday, May 17, 2007

Flower wrapping

I was just reminded of a funny story. Some months ago, Pascal won one of my little impromptu comments contests here, and I sent him a big art print (40x60 centimeters) of one of my photographs, a nude.
Because the Lebanese mail system is unreliable, I sent it to Pascal's grandmother in rural France.
It took a while before I pulled my finger out and got it sent with my then new UPS account. So she was not expecting it. What she was expecting, though, was some flowers she had ordered.
So she called her daughter, Pascal's mother, and said: "This is so strange, the flowers I ordered have come, only it looks like they fell out, and the only thing in the parcels is the wrapping, with a naked girl printed on it!"
I think she got advised of what it was before she threw it out. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh! Maybe the universe is trying to tell you something? Maybe you should enter the flower wrapping business! :-)

Anonymous said...

Talking about flower wrapping, here's an interesting chart of the last 4000 years of human history.

Anonymous said...

Well, I do hope your prize delivery is usually more reliable. ;-)
Rest easy, I have received confirmation that today my flower wrapping is, um, safely protected by a fig leaf!

To my grandma's excuse, her eyesight is VERY poor these days. She should have an eye operation any day. And then, I'll have to explain to her why Jenny still isn't my girlfriend...
I'm open to helpful advice on this one, guys!

P.S.: Eolake, I'm reminding you of our deal. Now that you've published my story, I'm waiting for my 50% cut of all profits it gathers. Send the checks to my usual swiss account.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I am trying, but the stupid bank is very careful when somebody tries to send that large amounts, so it'll take a little while longer.