Saturday, August 20, 2011

Patti Smith in Swedish??

Look at this screenshot? Does it not seem like enough information if you know you want the book Just Kids?


... Sure seemed like it to me. So I bought it yesterday. And starting on the book today, I discovered... It's in Swedish! One can only see that if one clicks through all the way.
I think the abbreviated titles in the search results on iTunes are a pest. For example, one always have to click through a couple of times when a video podcast is broadcast in three or four different sizes, to see which one is the desired one. Surely it could be done better.

And it seems only the Swedish version is out in audio, goldurnit.  Well, I guess if I really want to hear it, I have to prop up my Swedish and go at it. I do understand Swedish pretty well (though I can't speak it well). Perhaps because my mother was Swedish, but I don't know. (When I was maybe nine or ten, my parents were pretty struck to see me read a book for my little sister, translating on the go from Swedish to Danish.)

Update:

Vineland said...
The Swedish audiobook of Just Kids was the first one to be released. There is also a German one and an English one. Patti Smith reads the English one herself - it was published a few weeks ago by HarperCollins and is highly recommended.

 eolake said...
Ah, thanks for the info.
I have a US iTunes account too, and when I checked there, hey presto, there it was.

2 comments:

Vineland said...

The Swedish audiobook of Just Kids was the first one to be released. There is also a German one and an English one. Patti Smith reads the English one herself - it was published a few weeks ago by HarperCollins and is highly recommended.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Ah, thanks for the info.
I have a US iTunes account too, and when I checked there, hey presto, there it was.