Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Better Finder Rename

Just a quick plug for a super-useful Mac app: A Better Finder Rename.
Every day I have to rename hundreds of files, and I would be lost without this app or something very much like it. And it is so user-friendly and flexible that I doubt anything else comes close.

By the by, I linked to Apple to show that it is an app with good-will. But I just had an occasion (Mail Unread Menu) where I couldn't use an app downloaded from Apple because it was not the newest version, and it was broken after an update of Apple Mail. But I found the newest version on VersionTracker.com, and now it works. Very useful site, also to find apps you don't already have or know of (and also for other platforms). 

2 comments:

DeltaCubed said...

If you ever need this functionality on your Windoze machine, Total Commander (see previous recommendation) can help. Here's a screenshot of TC'smulti-rename tool.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Kewl.