Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bluetooth earphones

I've just been made aware (via the iPad Missing Manual) that some bluetooth-driven headphones or earphones can be driven from the iPad's own bluetooth, they don't need a dongle sitting on the iPad. Which seems very attractive to me.
But it seems difficult to search for which of them can do this.

Does anybody know: those that come with a dongle, can they also be driven by the iPad itself if you take away the dongle and pair them with the iPad? (I suspect not, it seems there has to be some kinds of buttons on the 'phones to make the pairing with.)

Otherwise, does anybody know a quality set of this kind? (I use both headphones and earphones.)

Update: silly me, I gotta pay more attention: it says in the book "the kind that's advertised as "A2DP".

3 comments:

Bruce said...

I am using Sony DRBT21G Bluetooth headphones with my iPad. They work pretty well, although every time I want to connect them to the iPad I have to try two or three times to have success. Once I have them connected they work well. Whatever you get, you might want to try several times to get it working.

TC said...

I've a motorola S9 set, that I like. http://amzn.to/9hLvBR

There's a newer HD version, that's supposed to have better sound. But, I think the old version is quite okay. But then again, I'm not an audiophile...

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I just got some today, and I've just made a post about them.