Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Tunick model

One of my correspondents was part of the Sydney Spencer Tunick shoot and reported the experience. It's a good and funny article.
For anybody with body image issues, I'd encourage you to go to an event like this, as every size and shape was represented. Hairy, smooth, large, skinny, pierced, tattooed, tall, short, black, white, big parts, small parts ... in such a large crowd every variation was on display and nobody gave a damn, we were just people. In my entire life I've never felt such a sense of community - we were all equals, sharing an experience.
-

1 comment:

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

It's funny: I too know someone who was there. What were the odds, with 5,000 participants, eh? ;-)
He's a naturist, and the author of the excellent -and free!- comic I've recommended several times: The Bare Pit.
He also makes a most talented superhero comic: Magellan Academy.
(Is it advertising if i's for something completely free, I wonder?)

Incidentally, he also did a small guest comic for Zeera the Space Pirate [complete, and rather funny too] in which the main character is "simply nude". :-)