Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Visit to Ansel Adams' Home

A Visit to Ansel Adams' Home, and talk with Ansel's son, video.

By the way, some purists use Ansel as an example of "pure photography" and somebody who wouldn't touch digital photography with a fire poker. But actually, nobody was more skilled at darkroom manipulation of photos than Adams, and before he died he showed strong interest in the then-embryonic field of digital photography.

---------

Silber interviews a documentary photographer. Apparently he uses all kinds of cameras, including "semi-functional Polaroids and toy cameras".

3 comments:

Miserere said...

I've read quite a bit about Ansel, including his autobiography, and I'm certain he would have loved Photoshop. I bet if he were alive today he'd be out in the woods shooting some medium format digital back.

Mike Mundy said...

I too visited Ansel Adams' house, in 1984.

My account is here.

timmykeels said...


I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.
Do check
Paypal Login
gemini login