Thursday, October 29, 2009

A dream of robots

I dreamed this:

I was in a super-futuristic city. Almost deserted. Very beautiful and high tech.

I spoke to an impressive and visually complex alien/robot/android/whatever. He'd just finished a major task in preparation for the People to come back to the planet. I saw that he was starting to degrade, fall apart. Clearly he was now dying. I pointed it out, a bit alarmed.

He said, "yeah, I always do that, at the end of a major task, every couple million years maybe. Like a Phoenix, I start again with a blank slate. I find it keeps me sleeping better."

---
A bit earlier, he had pointed out that a huge building just had a major update to its security system. Now, when the building was empty, a thick hard glass-like shell closed around it, a few feet beyond the walls and doors. And he demonstrated. I said "well, what if you get caught between the shell and the building?" He said "it's simple, you just go here, and rotate your hand over this lock, so the house computer knows what you want... and then you stick your hand in here and push the secret unlock button..." And pointed to a big, black, crude plastic lever sitting in a big hole in the top left corner of the door!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A dream obviously influenced heavily by Wall-E. Even your dreams aren't original!

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

According to Freud, any dream that isn't clearly about sex is quite original nevertheless...