Saturday, May 02, 2009

Stob Start

Here's my well-received smoothie recipe, "Stob Start". It's a nice drink for a morning start, or an evening desert.

One mug of water
A half mug of orange juice
A half mug of milk (full or skim, to taste)
One banana
A half mug of berries (strawberries or mixed)

Blend well.

It's very lovely.

I like it very cold, so I use chilled water and frozen berries, sometimes even frozen bananas (peel before freezing!) and a few ice cubes.

If you want it more desert-like, add more berries.

You can make it more mellow and nourishing by adding protein powder.

---------------

Bet you didn't see that coming. Well, I'm a man of unknown depths. Like Snoopy said: "the fruits of my labors shall be reaped by future generations."

2 comments:

Ray said...

Not as fancy, but also nourishing and tasty:-

Mix equal parts of cold milk and tomato or 'V8' vegetable juice,
and stir well or blend.

Jan said...

Thanks for sharing this! I need healthier breakfasts and snacks that don't affect my waistline too much.

Tim Ferriss also has some useful ideas:
http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2008/02/28/beating-the-morning-rush-the-3-minute-slow-carb-breakfast/