Friday, May 22, 2009

Pentax K-7 body naked (updated)

[Update: I have to admit, I have this "Terminator" camera on my desktop right now. Also additional thought: It's a real pity professional cameras are so tied to the lenses a photographer already has. Pentax has a real uphill battle in the pro market against "Canikon".]

A little male fetish erotica.
Image from the IR article.
(Let me just once again throw in a word of praise for Imaging-Resource.com: I find they have the more readable articles and the best testing methods, and not only that, they are usually out of the barn door with the first comprehensive articles before others have barely noted a camera has arrived.)


---
... Oooh, interesting: the K-7's in-body anti-shake system can correct not only for horizontal and vertical shake, but also rotational! I think this is a world's first.
(And since it's in-body, it will work with any lens, not just specially designed ones, like is sadly the case for Canon and Nikon cameras.)
Oh, and notice the 50-200mm zoom here. That must be the most compact -200mm zoom lens ever made. Remember, this is 300mm equivalent (for a full frame camera)!

---
The possibility for a 2009 camera release which has me really interested though is the mini Olympus is working on. It is almost too much to hope for that they will get it really, really right, though, but wow, will it be cool if they do.
I somehow was not really aware that the compact Olympus Pen had been a full SLR system camera. That is very excellent. And of course the really exciting thing about this is that while the half-frame system on film was a significant downside in image quality, the same is not true in digital!

9 comments:

Ray said...

Eolake: On a different subject, I'm having trouble sending you email - it comes back undeliverable - are you having internet problems there?
Just wondering....

Bronislaus Janulis / Framewright said...

Male fetish...

Guess you nailed that one.

Bron

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Ray,
No problems I know of.

use my gmail.com account: eolake.

What's the message you get?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

BJ: (oops) Yeah, let's face it, we get off on hardware.

Ray said...

Eolake: About mail...

I get returned mail from both your stobblehouse.com and domai.com addresses. I didn't save your Gmail one. Could I have it again, please?
I sent one of the returned mails to Bob, who runs the ISP I'm on, to see if he can explain it. The returned mail message said this was a permanent error. Bob has been changing our mail server here, so it might be something at our end. I'll try to let you know.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

OK, Ray, I've just emailed you, with my gmail address in the body of the mail.

Uncle Ron said...

while the half-frame system on film was a significant downside in image quality, the same is not true in digital!

What do you mean by image quality?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I mean how big the pictures can be printed without becoming too noisy/grainy or blurry.

Anonymous said...

Half frame is not really that much of a difference in quality, as the 18x24 frame enlarges to an 8x10 more easily (less cropping than full frame.) So it's only about 25% more enlargement than full frame, very difficult to tell the difference between the two at that enlargement.