Tuesday, March 31, 2009

LIFE and celebrities

Life.com is launched and will feature a huge number of photos.
One of the collections so far is Hollywood redheads. What's not to like. Below Ann-Margret and Christina Hendricks. Maybe I oughter watch Mad Men.


----
And here is Megan Fox (Transformers). Isn't it amazing how fast the "glamour" kind of beauty becomes hollow and boring? It's funny, I even get a physical reaction to it, kind of an empty feeling it my chest, I think it comes from being attracted to something which I simultaneously consider to be a dead end. I also get the feeling if I try to read one of those magazines which are all about super-hits and super-celebrities. The kind of magazine where the criterion is what is hot and big right now, not what is good or interesting. (Not that the two always are mutually exclusive, mind.)

Some celebrities transcend their station. Jack Nicholson does, Richard Gere does not. Natalie Portman does, Megan Fox does not.

3 comments:

stan smith said...

Mad Men is great. Not 100% accurate but pretty close. Good actors and of course Hendricks is great eye candy.

Anonymous said...

Damn that Christina Hendricks is hot! I second that Mad Men is a great series. Men really were pigs back then.

TC [Girl] said...

There'll be a few "redheads" to oggle, in this thriller. (I quote that 'cuz I don't know which ones are authentic but I do remember Amanda Seyfried NOT being one in 'Letters to Juliet.' But...her eyes really "pop out" under all that RED, don't they?! WOW! Well...that and...the dramatic eye liner, fer cryin' out loud! :-)