Monday, January 19, 2009

The F16




A C-130 was lumbering along when a cocky F-16 flashed by. The F-16 jockey decided to show off.

The fighter jock told the C-130 pilot, 'watch this!' and promptly Went into a barrel roll followed by a steep climb. He then finished With a sonic boom as he broke the sound barrier. The F-16 pilot Asked the C-130 pilot what he thought of that?

The C-130 pilot said, 'That was impressive, but watch this!' The C-130 droned along for about 5 minutes and then the C-130 Pilot came back on and said: 'What did you think of that?' Puzzled, the F-16 pilot asked, 'What the heck did you do?' The C-130 pilot chuckled. 'I stood up, stretched my legs, walked To the back, went to the bathroom, then got a cup of coffee and a Cinnamon bun.'

When you are young & foolish - speed & flash may seem a good thing.
When you get older & smarter - comfort & dull is not such a bad thing.

---------

It speaks to youth because they can laugh at how lame old folks are. And to seniors because they can laugh at how wise they are.
For me, I'm barely middle-aged, but I've been on the Comfort side of things since I was about 10.

9 comments:

Tommy said...

Nice touch for a lazy Monday morning and I agree. Hope it's ok, I copied it and sent it to my son, who's 35 going on 15.

Ray said...

The problem being that some of us mature as we age and others don't.

Monsieur Beep! said...

Haste Makes Waste.

Bert said...

Couldn't help but picturing the jock in his pee-filled flight suit... LOL

I must be on the comfy side too!

Anonymous said...

This is like a journey.

Getting there is the reason for going. Not the destination.

You can speed through life or you can slow down and enjoy the experience.

Stop and smell the roses.

Anonymous said...

I like what you said, Joe! So true! Thanks for that reminder! :-)

Anonymous said...

I looked up the life expectancy for Denmark...you are well into middle age! ;-)

Anonymous said...

That's my twin brother Biran.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I know, why do you think I moved to Britain?

... Dang, both of them are 77. I need to move to Macau, and I don't even know where that is.