Thursday, January 01, 2009

Employee of the Month

Employee of the Month - totally hil. I don't know why it has mediocre reviews on Amazon, and I don't care much, I'm guessing they were expecting a different kind of movie. It's a highly entertaining satire.



Little person (or whatever the singular of the PC term "little people" is) Danny Woodburn as Glen Ross has a great line: "I like people. From a distance." That's exactly how I feel.
Or as Linus van Pelt put it: "I love humanity. It's people I can't stand."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judging from the trailer this film has all the hallmarks of a timeless masterpiece. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I think I'd find "Little Person" more offensive than "midget" or "dwarf."

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yes, I've been wondering about that myself.

Who comes up with these terms? Where's that committee which sits down and decides that "Oriental" is offensive and "Asian" is not? Or "negro" is, and "black" is not? Or was last year, but is not now.

Anonymous said...

Watch The History of Political Correctness. There's your answer to how it came to be.

As to what prolongs the problem, it's people who are scared of other people. Example: the politically correct term for a particular race has during the last 200 years gone through the following transitions:

negro -> black -> coloured -> negro -> black -> african american

I predict that within the next 5-10 years the politically correct term will be "nigger". I am serious.