Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Placebo - Running up that hill

This is not one of my favorite Kate Bush songs, but this is an interesting cover (and video) which shows some very emotive aspects of it. Very nice.

I don't know Placebo, but it from the youtube numbers it looks like they are big, and clearly they have respect and understanding for this woman's work.



Here is Kate's version. (Thanks TC.)
Undoubtedly it is a very good song. Only I think the repetitiveness of it rubs me a little bit the wrong way.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually really like Kate Bush's version of this song, too. :-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Undoubtedly it is a very good song. Only I think the repetitiveness of it rubs me a little bit the wrong way.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I remember I said that to the driver when I heard the song for the first time in a taxi twenty years ago.

Johnnie Walker said...

This is the only version of the song I can stand. First heard it a while back on an episode of Bones.

Cristina Rodguez said...

Placebo is one of my favourite bands. Not everybody's cup of tea, though, I guess Brian Molko's voice can get on some's nerves.

drunkenbullfrog said...

reading your archives...really good stuff.

you know placebo now? they's yummy, eh?

anyways, try this, not a cover, and quite old, but works nicely http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUxhNWDlGts yes, related :P, though the quality's not spectacular on this copy.