Friday, July 25, 2008

1928 airplane ride

This looks like fun, could feel like flying. But I think it'd be hard to make safe, especially for windy weather.


Of course since adulthood, I can't go on rides which go around, I only get badly dizzy for a long time, quite unpleasant.
-----------
On a different note, here is an amazing BW photo.

This one illustrates well why I think it's so important to get digital cameras with greater dynamic range. I think it's the main attraction of those old photos I've been showing recently, the large format and BW film had great dynamic range and exposure lattitude.

... The super-sized version (from the text link) looks absolutely fantastic on my 30-inch Apple screen. If you'd shown that to me ten years ago...

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I don't know why I love these black and whites so much. I can't come up with a reason, I just do.

This one would be one I'd love to have on my wall. However, I don't condone the use of fur when we have much more efficient sources these days. However... I like the picture and can appreciate it for its qualities, even if it's of a fur shop. What a conundrum... :)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Well, the picture is not from These Days, it's 80 years old.

Cliff Prince said...

That picture of the fur window display could be the direct inspiration for most of the first book of Pullman's trilogy ...