Thursday, May 08, 2008

Skins ad turn-off

From a Amazon UK DVD sales page:
"Skins - Series 2 - Complete [2007]
"Channel 4's critically-acclaimed drama follows the angst-ridden lives of its teenage characters, as they grapple with issues of race, religion, sexuality, drugs, and eating disorders. SKINS' portrayal of these characters as poster children of the hedonistic lifestyle is unflinching in its candour. Expect plenty more bitching, backstabbing, and general bad behaviour in this, the complete second series."

Is it just me, or is this the worst ad copy ever? It surely does not get me hot to buy this series.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suppose if you had seen and liked this program, perhaps the ad strikes the right notes to make you want to see it again. Those who haven't seen it "just don't get it."

I've never seen this program, and this ad certainly doesn't make me want to.