Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring has sprung

.. At least it has around here, Northern England. Today it's too warm for wearing a jacket outdoors, or having the heat on indoors. And the trees are all green and flowery.


By the way, aside from being sweet and funny, this picture is one of those that demand a professional autofocus system! I think the zone of sharpness there is half an inch, and the kitten is not waiting around for the camera to catch up!
Amazingly the big pro cameras can actually keep up with such movement, usually. Pretty amazing. With a good camera you can get three or four sharp pictures out of five, with the camera firing at five pictures per second.

5 comments:

Alex said...

I'm glad you've caught up. We had our first rain in about 6 weeks yesterday, and already topped the 80's a couple of days 40 miles inland. We are having some cool mornings, but spring sprung weeks ago. It looks like a painfully hot summer. I sometimes wish I lived somewhere with more varied weather.

I always did like tabbies.

Anonymous said...

Surely the photographer was simply trying to capture a narrow depth-of-field shot of a few specific dandelions, and that publicity-hog kitty leaped into the scene just as he clicked the shutter.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yes! That happens to me all the time, with naked ladies.

Anonymous said...

I would like to come along next time you're taking pictures.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

No no, for all I know you might attract more of them.