Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Multitasking

The ability of modern computers like my Mac Pro to multitask is amazing. I can write on my blog, surf, and answer my email, all the while my computer is:
1: Uploading a big update to my commercial site.
2: Syncing gigabytes of files to my Apple TV.
3: Downloading a whole film from iTunes.
4: Processing a bunch of pictures in Photoshop in the background.
5: Playing music. (Which includes decoding the music files.)

All at the same time and without any problems or perceived slowdown! Awesome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you must have massive data conduit to your house to do that, a T3 maybe?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

No, actually the Net connection is the weakest link. I meant slowdown in the app I'm working with.

Anonymous said...

Less Noise, More Voice?

What does this riddle mean?
Voices make noise.
Even one voice can.
Isn't silence golden?
Or does it depend upon who is speaking? One voice lead
to six million deaths.
Another voice lead to millions
following Christ the God-Man Saviour of those willing to repent.
Who is allowed to "voice?"
One voice proclaimed, "I will."
And a huge rebellion took place.
Voices are all around us, even in our heads.
There can be no Less Noise, More Voice. Ponder your words Mr Stobblehouse.

Anonymous said...

What does this riddle mean?

Doesn't make much sense to me either but I'm sure there is a meaning somewhere?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

It means a higher signal/noise ratio. It means my aim is the highest percentage of readable/interesting material I can attain.

Anonymous said...

One voice said : "*I* an Spuhtakuss!" Then thousands of voices said the same. And there was a great noise.

Even woke up muh baby-sitter.

________________
Numbuh One, KND.