Friday, September 09, 2005

New iPod & my new amp

David Pogue wrote:
"On the downside, the Rokr's phone functions use the same software design as Motorola's Razr phone, which is, ahem, not nearly as universally adored as the Razr's physical design."

No kidding! I bought a Razr V3 last month. (My even smaller Erikson was flaking out. I loved that phone.) And it is just gorgeous. But the "Hello Moto" (groan) team should be re-evaluated.

[You need a registration to read NYT columns. But Pogue's column alone is worth it.]

The new phone: USB 1.1??! Come on. I thought the reason that Steve did not mention that it was USB 2 was because that was "so duh" as Madonna would have put it.

I am glad to get the new iPod Nano instead. I rarely use my full iPod. And I used the shuffle a lot for a while, but the lack of navigation and playlists became a hurdle. I think the Nano will do the trick. I love audio books. (I listened to all the Hitchhiker's Guide books on the Shuffle.) And I love gadgets so small I can't feel them in my pocket.


Musical Fidelity amp

Oh, by the way, I am setting up my iMac G5 as a high fidelity center with a Musical Fidelity X80 amp (gorgeous piece of technology. And it has just been discontinued, so I got it half price. It fits perfectly under the stand of the iMac) and Design E speakers. It will be so great, especially for music DVDs.

You should watch Steve Jobs' presentation over Quicktime. I always love those.

No comments: