Friday, January 24, 2014

Ya think??

I just heard this statement in a video about Chinese web addicts:

"Our studies show that people who spend more than six hours a day, outside of work or study, on the web have bigger risk of becoming addicts." 

Ya think?! That's like saying that people who regularly play ball on the highway have a bigger risk of being hit by a car, or that people who smoke more than two joints daily have a higher risk of becoming addicts.
Just for one thing, why would you spend six hours of your personal time on anything if it did not give you some emotional balm, the first thing needed for something to become an addiction.

2 comments:

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Ouch. Now I seriously fear I have an addiction to sleep.

To be honest, I don't think I could ever live without it!

Anonymous said...

Just like an addict! You could if you wanted to you weak fuck!