Monday, June 03, 2013

"The Facebook experiment has failed. Let’s go back"

The Facebook experiment has failed. Let’s go back, article.
Since everybody is on Facebook, one can expect that it will in some way mirror the behavior of society in general. In the real world however, people’s opinions only have a limited reach.
Facebook is godsent for people who love to talk, but have nothing to say. Here is a network that doesn’t care about originality or the quality of content. In the time it takes to create something original, they could share dozens of things.
Just like its features, Facebook algorithms are equally stupid. Share more, get noticed more. Originality be damned.
-

1 comment:

Howard said...

Well I has a blog for about ten minutes - this was before Facebook took off - but I realised I didn't have enough original thoughts consistently to sustain it, so I stopped. Unlike you Eolake, I never cease to be amazed at the stuff you find.