Monday, February 06, 2012

GoFlex Satellite

GoFlex Satellite™ Mobile Wireless Storage.

Pretty interesting: a portable half-TB hard drive with with wifi, can deliver media to three simultaneous mobile devices (laptops, phones, tablets).

Sounds like a decent solution to the still limited storage of portable devices with solid stage memory instead of hard disks. Even though I have the largest iPad, I keep having to shuffle and delete video content on it, since 64GB just isn't very much when it comes to video (and half is already used for apps and audiobooks).

I wonder what kinds of video formats the iPad can run from this? It's only a few of the myriad formats of video I have acquired which the iPad will run. An app like Airvideo will solve this, but that needs a computer to run off to do the conversion, not just a hard disk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

64mb?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Aargh.
It would be easier if popular amounts had not expanded so fast that we've blown through KB, MB, and GB to TB. It's ridic. My iPad has 64 times the capacity of what my first Mac had, and yet I think it's a bit small.