Monday, August 10, 2009

Wrist strap



Photography Blog (often a surprisingly good site) has this item about a quite elaborate wrist strap.
I've tried something like it, and it didn't work for me. My hand was held too close to the camera, and I had to bend my fingers uncomfortably to use the controls and shutter button. (Granted I have big hands.)

What works much better for me is a much simpler device, the Wrist Wonder. It leaves your hand free and loose, and yet with the proper adjustment I don't think there's any danger of dropping the camera.


... Maybe with really heavy cameras you need broader and tighter support, but I still suspect you'll feel trapped and inflexible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eo,

Before I go out to rob the bank in order to acquire a Pana HD 1, I'd be interested in your views on its predecessor which you are holding. The HD 1 is the same camera with a high spec. (14 - 140 mm. lens) to boost the new HD movie feature. Having always opted for Nikon before this could be an interesting departure for me.

Cheers,

Basil.

PS. Love the bike!

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

From my scant use, I think it's an outstanding camera. Real damn good.

Isn't the newer on called GH1?
I recommend reading a couple reviews.