Friday, July 03, 2009

Indie band records entire song on their iPhone

The 88 records entire song on their iPhone, article. [Thanks to Drew.]

The song sounds pretty pro to me. (A comment on iTunes says the lead vocal was an exception to the whole thing being recorded on an iPhone, but the article doesn't mention it.)

Now, naturally a hand-device like the iPhone which can do so many things will never be a real replacement for professional devices dedicated to doing one thing well, but I must say it's ridiculous the number of things that little fucker can do so well. It's a phone, it's a web browser, it's a camera and video camera, it's a gaming device, it's a GPS device, you can play and record music on it, etc etc. When you can buy an app for it which enables it to make my cappuccino, I'll have to get one.
(Gawd, I forgot, it also plays music. And video. And does email.)

2 comments:

Bronislaus Janulis / Framewright said...

Eolake,

You seem to misunderstand the iPhone. It's not a replacement for, but an adjunct to all those other devices. I can do enough with it that I don't need a laptop, because I also have a desktop machine. The iPod ness of it a marvel, and, you can phone home.

Bronislaus Janulis / Framewright said...

Oh, if you are somewhere new, you can find a cappucino purveyor.