Thursday, March 01, 2007

Quotes by Bette Davis



Quotes by Bette Davis

Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.

I don't take the movies seriously, and anyone who does is in for a headache.


Old age is no place for sissies.


People often become actresses because of something they dislike about themselves: They pretend they are someone else.


Psychoanalysis. Almost went three times - almost. Then I decided what was peculiar about me was probably what made me successful. I've seen some very talented actors go into analysis and really lose it.

Sex is God's joke on human beings.

This has always been a motto of mine: Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sex is God's joke on human beings.

I never cared for this lady. She always gave me an eerie feeling. I watched a movie of hers years ago, I think it was called "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?" or something like that, at any rate she never hit the top scale with me.
Sounds to me like she was cold towards intimacy with that insideous remark about God.

Anonymous said...

The woman was not my cup of tea either.

Anonymous said...

Interesting eyes, though. Bette Davis eyes, you could say.

Anonymous said...

"Old age is no place for sissies."

This one's really good! Very relevant.

Anonymous said...

Here's the song. Filmed by someone using an 8mm camera from a photo tribute to Bette Davis. Music by Kim Carnes.

This one is more interesting than the original video, also available from YouChoob.