Monday, November 20, 2006

Jesper


One of my high school friends.
Blacks are and especially were pretty rare in Denmark outside the capital. Jesper was adopted very young, I think, so linguistically he is 100% Dane. Very pleasant fella, always fun and never a harsh word for anybody.
Sadly I've lost track of people from high school.
Oh, by the way, I have learned that things are not always as obvious to everybody as I think, so I better point out that he does not normally look like this; I surprised him with the camera right in his face (28mm wideangle) when he turned around, so he is making at face at me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Ladies and gentlemen, courtesy of Eolake Stobblehouse, we present you with this exclusive photography of young Bill Cosby!"

And all this time I thought the Danes were a bunch of tall blondes with blue eyes. And horned helmets... ;-)
(Um... or was that "horny blondes with tall blue one-eyed helmets"? Bah, whatever.)

Funny, one of my young cousins was also adopted as a baby from Africa. And today he's as French as his older brother and sister.

Hey, even Einstein occasionally made faces at the camera, and he wasn't exactly simple-minded!
(A bit absent-minded in his daily life, though. But never enough to miss noticing a pretty woman!!! Now, THAT's what I call smart.)