Thursday, April 13, 2006

Boat hull

Right across from the hotel is this beautiful boat hull, mounted as a sculpture. Nobody here knows where it is from and why or how! But I like it.
Thanks to my friends Martin and Alexandra for posing... Even though they were just walking/talking and didn't notice.
And thanks to my friend Peter for putting up with me interrupting our conversation every three minutes to photograph something.
I am now sitting in the huge and gorgeous lobby of the hotel, wirelessly online with my laptop, and doing a relaxed bit of reading, as well as photoshopping and blogging... Ya gotter love it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the statues and the upside down boat hull. It makes for a great shelter in the rain.
A thumbs up on this pic.
Bob Schnedier

Anonymous said...

I have a shot of that boat, too:
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=316492&context=set-89960&size=o

Anonymous said...

The 'boat' is the hull of the ferry 'Pinen'('Agony') which sailed on Sallingsund in Jutland. Its twin was 'Plagen'('Torment'). Both name derive from passengers ecperience of the passage.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Huh, how about that.
They look old, how long ago was this?

Anonymous said...

Pinen and Plagen. Happy to drive or fly! (Uden klage...)