Monday, November 14, 2005

About enemies

You have exactly the enemies you think you need.
Eolake Stobblehouse

There is a very good interview with U2's Bono in November's Rolling Stone. He says: "Your enemies define you, so make them interesting." I say: No! No, no, no. If you do that you'll fall in love with them, and you'll never get rid of them.
Who needs enemies? Enemies are only good for two things: 1) making your life interesting if you don't have the imagination to do so yourself. 2) Stopping you in the areas where you believe you need stopping.
And in the end, all that is really boring. It is like saying you "need" to be ill or to wear a ball and chain. Don't you have stuff to do?

You have exactly the enemies you think you need.
Eolake Stobblehouse

1 comment:

Zeppellina said...

Enemies are one of these unpleasant things in life which we all have to go through at some point.

Personally, I would rather not have any. I don`t see why some people feel pleased at the quality of their enemies.

Sometimes enemies are inevitable. They can be acquired without solicitation.

But I always feel that if I have enemies, then I am perhaps doing something wrong.