In the letters I get e-mailed for publication, for some reason some of them have all their apostrophes replaced with commas, in some text conversion error along the way. I'm not sure where or how it happens. Here's a sample from a recent letter:
"There‚s nothing that says we can‚t... If you‚re willing, I‚m able."
Now, if I do a straight find/replace, all the commas are replaced too!
OK, I can replace ,s with 's, ,m with 'm, and so on. This works because there's no space after the commas/apostrophes. But it makes for tedious work.
I found a way, though: first I replace all the actual commas, including the space after it! with a random string, like +++. Then I replace all the fake commas with apostrophes. And then I replace +++ with comma-space. Dom-dimmi-done.