Monday, March 02, 2009

Not a truck

I have this photo of my own on my desktop today, and I just had a realization about (which I knew, but only intuitively):
It's not a picture of the truck front. (Somebody might say "what's so interesting about that truck front?")
It's a picture of the space which has the truck in it, only with the truck much in the foreground.
I have long liked pictures with stuff taking up most of the space in the foreground but not being the main subject (like trees or bushes).



(It's from this collection.)

2 comments:

Alex said...

I'm still struggling to see what it was. I mean, that's an extended/crew cab on a modest sized Commer. There were lights in the radiator grill. I would have to guess fire engine, but a mid 60's Commer fire engine doesn't sound right. So we are left with bin wagon or coal merchants. My outside guess would be pantechnican, since the leading edge of the roofline suggests a high roof.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I think it was a fire engine.
At least it was bright red.