Saturday, March 07, 2009

I Could Never Be Your Woman


I Could Never Be Your Woman, romantic comedy, I liked it.

I must say though, I'm not sure how I feel about seeing Michelle Pfeiffer in a romcom with a much younger man. On the one hand, I've been in love with Michelle for almost thirty years. On the other hand, I've been in love with Michelle for almost thirty years.

(All jokes aside, she still looks great.)

The film is funny, and has some excellent actors, Michelle of course, and Fred Willard, and Sarah Alexander, and a young actress I'm sure we'll see more of, Saoirse Ronan. She is an excellent actor, and an excellent singer, and has the most amazing eyes.
Update: I'm watching the interviews now, and I am shocked to hear a strong Irish accent come from this girl, who spoke perfect American in the film even when upset! Amazing skills. Amy Heckerling (the director, Clueless and Ridgemont High) tells that when Saoirse auditioned, she demonstrated half a dozen different accents perfectly. And she was twelve. 
I also see on her wiki now that she's been nominated for a billion awards, it seems I've just missed her movies until now. Well, did I call it or what. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm...Saoirse Ronan...boioioioing!

TC [Girl] said...

Just saw Michelle in this and thought of you. :-) Hugs

TC [Girl] said...

Another movie that I just saw Michelle in. It was a pretty lame movie; got quite a few actors paychecks, though.

Growing old sure is a bitch! I don't know what she's done w/her lips (plumped them...like most of the other Hollywood women?!) but they look HORRIBLE! And...like beautiful Nicole Kidman, her eyes are always bloodshot!

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I hadn't noticed. I wonder if that's alcohol-related.

Yeah, age is a bitch for us all. Must be tripply so for female actors.

TC [Girl] said...

Eolake said...
"I hadn't noticed. I wonder if that's alcohol-related."

I don't know if that is it. I didn't even recognize her, at first, though.

I was trying to look around to see if there might, possibly, be something on that but...so far, the only interesting thing I found was this...about her earlier life. Seems as though she became quite an advocate for vegetarianism and such. Not sure if alcohol, possibly, came back into the picture, after than. Probably not. I don't think most people that go this way return to such things. I could be wrong.

But...even the young girl, Lea Michele, seemed like she had her lips "jacked up!" And...then, there was Hilary Swank...etc.

Here's the movie trailer. They just about crammed everyone in Hollywood into this movie! It was kind of funny to discover because I was just trying to find a movie to go out to (take the night off!) and this was all that seemed interesting. I'm not into violence, or scary stuff so...it was pretty "slim pickings." :-( (I sure would have appreciated if they had ended the movie w/someone else than SJP meeting up w/Josh Duhamel. That was WAY ANTI-CLIMACTIC! :-(

And...it was quite surprising to see Matthew Broderick. I'm not much of a fan of his but it was just surprising to see how OLD he is looking! Life. :-(