Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Finally a pretty Windows laptop

You may remember last year, I wanted to buy a Windows laptop, but I gave it up, just because all those I saw were so futt-bugly!
Well, Samsung is doing well in many areas now, and the Series Nine certainly upgraded the aesthetics of Win laptops! That's a damnable handsome machine! And only the size/weight of the 13-inch MacBook Air too.


Windows is still Windows at heart, but the pleasant looks of Win7 and the beauty of this machine makes it a lot more inviting, I think.

This is also an example of where I think Apple's current ultra-minimalism is doing them no good. Samsung just added a few soft curves to this machine, and it made it so much more beautiful.

Of course it's not exactly cheap at 1300 Sterling (almost $2k), it's a luxury machine for the well-heeled (or those working for well-heeled companies). I guess you won't get good design if you ain't got the coin for it!
Not that the price is unjustified, it has a fast processor, a 128GB SSD, and 4 gigs of RAM. Well equipped for a super-compact.

6 comments:

TC [Girl] said...

Eolake said...
"Not that the price is unjustified, it has a fast processor, a 128GB SSD, and 4 gigs of RAM. Well equipped for a super-compact."

Thanks for adding that. Saved me from having to look it up! :-D

Ray said...

At 1300 British pounds, it would be $2,039.70 Cdn, plus another 12% for taxes, for a total of $2,284.46.

You can buy about three desktops for that, if you shop around, and they will each have those specs or better.

Ray said...

Correction:

I found a website here in Canada offering this for $1,700 Canadian, but they don't have any in stock!

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Indeed, a size zero girl will cost you more. :-)

Anonymous said...

But who in Hell would REALLY want a size zero girl???

poda said...

I wouldn't mind having one of these. If I was in the market I would definitely consider it. I don't like being tied down by desktops...