Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cartoon art

Below is a simple frame from a Peanuts cartoon. I think it's a nice little drawing.

I think that's why I enjoy comics and cartoons so much: each frame is a little work of art. There are few things I find as beautiful as a good drawing. You can just feel that every little line is in there, put just so by the artist, and if it's good, every line is balanced against the whole.



By the way, it seems to me that many comic artists are better draughtsmen than many fine arts painters, and they work very hard: to earn a living, they have to output several quality drawings every day, which together have to tell a story too.

3 comments:

TC [Girl] said...

It is quite a nice little drawing, Eo...especially if you like snow! :-D

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Who doesn't like snow, visually.

My sister wrote to me after the last big snow back in DK, she took a walk and came across at least four men with cameras.

TC [Girl] said...

Eolake said...
"Who doesn't like snow, visually."

Well, clearly, observation shows who does like it! ;-) Just glad that there's dude photographers that don't mind braving the cold for the shots...so that those of us who don't like to get cold can sit inside and enjoy the images dat way! :-D