Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Prolong The Life Of Your Battery: Abuse It

Prolong The Life Of Your Battery: Abuse It, TMO article.
The worst thing for your battery is to leave it plugged in all the time.
Conversely, the best thing for your battery is to “abuse it".   By that we mean to use it as erratically as possible. Drain it, charge it, drain it halfway, charge it to 80%, drain it to 30%, charge it all the way up, etc. It’s those use-cases where we’ve seen batteries do their best, believe it or not.
-

4 comments:

Anna Aniko said...

Thanks a lot ! :)

Actually I heard that one should completely discharge it once a week.

Will you change you battery using habits after this article ?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Definitely. I am no longer having my MacBook Air and my iPad plugged in all the time.

Anna Aniko said...

I downloaded CoconutBattery, it's great ! I can see that my battery is at 83% of its original capacity...
Really nice App.

Anna Aniko said...

Actually I am wondering if the maximum charge and the time it lasts are not two parameters that can be disconnected. I have the impression that
- my battery does not have much mess power in % as at the beginning
- but it loses it much more quickly, lasting less long !