Saturday, March 27, 2010

Note on art

When I see what people are doing with art applications on the tiny iPhone screen, and then consider further software development, and the larger iPad screen, and using a pen like the Pogo Stylus (basically just a thin finger for more precise control. Makes sense for me, because my finger covers what I'm trying to see.), then I think the much more expensive Wacom pen screens have just gotten very serious competition.
One issue of course is the missing pressure sensitivity (like the line get thicker when you press harder), but I wonder if that can be gotten around to some degree. For example with a soft pen head which touches more of the glass when you press harder.


Me, I'm definitely gonna have a go at sketching in cafes and such places. Hey, you may even pick up babes that way, who knows.
I find it's often conducive to the creative juices to write or draw outside your home or office, since you kinda take it less serious. Or summin'.
(Oh, and If I bring the small Apple wireless keyboard, the pad can be used for creative writing too.)

4 comments:

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

"Hey, you may even pick up babes that way, who knows."
Naaah! It never happened to Picasso, so why would it happen to you? ;-)

Unknown said...

The wider public may be interested in knowing that Picasso, short and bald, always had young, tall, statuesque lovers. Female too.

Ganesha Games said...

Would a rubber brush (like the ones used to push clay by potters/sculptors) be soft enough to "squash" on the surface?

I see Wacom coming up with a portable i-pad like sketchpad in the future. Probably not a large market enough to interst Apple, but Wacom would. And then my wallet would weep.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Unfortunately, upon testing, it seems that the iPad/pod does not actually register how big a surface is touching the screen. Maybe they'll realize there could be a use for that and implement it one day.