Friday, December 04, 2009

Ice Age III (updated)

I'm just finishing off Ice Age III, in blu-ray version naturellement.
I liked it a lot, I think almost anybody who liked the first two will like this one too.

It also has a lot of excellent monsters in the shape of various dinos. ... I had a thought: remember when Pixar used to do "out-takes" for their films? The animated "actors" messing up their lines and such. Dead fun. I would have liked one for IA3: one of the monsters, like awesome über-monster "Rudy", going forth with an attack, and the director yelling "Cut! Try it again, man... you forgot to stop, pose, and roar before attacking!"
And the monster "actor" goes: "Oh, sorry, I tend to forget that. Tell me again, why do we always do that? It really makes no sense to stop and warn the prey and give them time to escape."


Update:
While watching it, and the new fave character, swashbucklin' Buck, I thought: you know who'd have been a great voice actor for him: Simon Pegg.
... And now I hear in the commentary that SP did indeed voice him!

1 comment:

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Cute dino. Can't wait for the plush toys! ;-)